Kerala attracts tourists from all over the world. It is equally admired by all age group tourists and why not it is God’s own country. Whether it is tranquil beaches or hills or tea and spice estates there are lots of places of interest that attracts people. If you want to have a wonderful Kerala trip experience then avail Kerala tour packages which will enable you to enjoy this magical place without any hassle in traveling. In your next holiday visit Kerala and experience fun, excitement, beauty and pleasure in one go with best kerala tour packages.
When to visit?
Though Kerala welcomes you throughout the year, still the best time to visit is from September to March. If you tend to visit during these months then the climate of Kerala is pleasant. It is a rainy state and experiences rainfall for nine months. If you are visiting this place when the climate is pleasant then you can explore beaches, hills stations as well as backwaters. Places like Munnar, Kovalam, Alleppey, Thekkady, and Kumarakom are on the must-visit list. Since it will be a peak season in Kerala, make sure to avail Kerala tour packages in order to avoid problems in flights, accommodations, night outs, and tours.
How to reach?
You can reach Kerala by all means that is by air, rail, road as well as sea. Flights are definitely quicker and convenient but one can always opt for roadways and railways for enjoying the views on the way. It is connected to all major international cities by Trivandrum International Airport, Kochi International Airport, and Calicut International Airport. A taxi from the airport will take you to your desired destination. Along with that, you can also take a train to Kerala. There are direct trains from all the major cities of India. You can reach here from any part of the country using National Highways 17, 47 and 49.
Places of interest in Kerala
- Kochi: Earlier known as Cochin, it is one of the important port cities. Situated on the coast of the Arabian sea it is considered as the commercial capital of Kerala. There is a beautiful blend of cultures at this play as Portuguese, English, Jewish, French, Chinese, and Dutch used to visit this place frequently. Visit all the places of interest in Kochi with proper guidance of Kalpana tours travels.
- Munnar: This place is always on the must-visit list. It is known for its beautiful stretch of tea and spice plantations on both sides of the road. If you are a nature lover then you must visit Mattupetty dam, which is a perfect place to enjoy nature’s beauty. It is also considered as a great picnic spot.
- Alleppey: It is referred to as ‘Venice of East’ because of its vast network of canals and waterways. It is well known among the tourist’s greenery, little villages, sandy beaches, temples, spectacular lagoons, and traditional boat races. If you are on vacation and you have taken a Kerala tour packages make sure this place is included in the package. You can also explore the backwaters in a peaceful houseboat.
Things to do in Kerala
Kerala is so beautiful but there are a lot of things to see and do apart from its backwaters and houseboats. Here are some things you can do:
- See the Chinese fishing nets: These nets are used in Kochi for more than 500 years. It is an experience as they are fixed land installations which are operated from the shore. You can also join with fishermen in the fishing.
- Get a massage: You should not miss a Kerala Ayurvedic massage. If you are completely exhausted and tired then you can take treatments and therapies and pamper yourself. Most of the spas in Kerala use their own aromatic essential oils which reduces stress, anxiety and any kind of body pain. Often Kerala tour packages include a massage at a spa in their package. Take that package which includes massage as this is something that you can’t miss in Kerala.
- Taste authentic dishes: Kerala has diversity in flavors in their cuisine. The food is greatly influenced by its culture and history. The flavors have a blend of Malabari, Arabian and French cuisines. Sadya is a famous vegetarian delicacy which is prepared during festivals and feasts. It is prepared by combining dishes like Kichadi, Sambar, Olan, Pachadi, Aviyal, and Payasam. After that, it is served with steaming rice on a banana leaf. You can also try Idiyappam with curry which is another delicious dish. Puttu is a cylindrical steamed rice flavorsome cake cooked with grated coconut.
So, if you are looking forward to planning a holiday then opt for Kerala. This place will provide memories and experience which you will cherish lifelong. If you already visited Kerala then avail Andaman holiday packages and spend your holiday amidst beautiful beaches.