Darjeeling is the place you should choose a holiday destination if you are lured by dazzling snow-covered peaks and a mix of clouds with the sun. This place is known for its colonial charm along with natural landscape. It is located on a steep mountain ridge and has a beautiful view of emerald green tea gardens. A trip to this place can offer you beautiful views of Himalayas! You may visit Buddhist monasteries for peace of mind or prefer to trek to Singalila Ridge for adventure. If you are planning a tour to Darjeeling but you are not sure how to book the tickets then avail a Darjeeling holiday package. It will ease all the hassles of bookings and you can enjoy your trip to the fullest.
What is the best time to get Darjeeling holiday package?
The average temperature of Darjeeling is between 9 to 15-degree Celsius in summers whereas during summer, autumn and spring, the weather seems pleasantly cool. If you are planning your Darjeeling tour in the summer months then you the place properly whereas you can even enjoy the monsoon rains in this hill station or, you can choose to visit in winter and have a pleasant experience of snowfall.
If Mt. Kanchenjunga is your target, you must opt for the time when there are clear skies and less cloud cover which is definitely not the monsoon. Irrespective of the time of your visit to this place you can always experience breath-taking views of mountains, valleys, tea gardens, and flower plantations. Besides that, there are numerous sightseeing and tourist activities. All these altogether make Darjeeling the perfect holiday destination for your romantic honeymoon or your family vacation. So, Book your Darjeeling holiday package today.
How to reach?
You can reach Bagdodara international airport, from there Darjeeling is nearly a two- and half-hour ride. The nearest major train station is located at New Jalpaiguri (NJP) which is also well connected with all the major stations of India. Both from Bagdodara and new Jalpaiguri bus services and taxi services are available. Another mode of transport that you can opt for the toy train. It is even the major attraction of this place.
Places of interest included in Darjeeling holiday package
- Toy train: You can take the toy train ride from NJP or Siliguri to Darjeeling, explore the Himalayan vegetation and the sub-tropical highland climate. This 2-feet narrow gauge railway is an engineering marvel of British India. It has been recognized as a ‘World Heritage’ site by UNESCO. This train will take you through the 83 km long ascent into the hilly terrains and have the stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Darjeeling town: Amidst the clouds, the town itself is a favorite spot for locals and tourists alike. The ‘Chowrasta’, has numerous restaurants, book stores, curio shops and vendors selling artifacts. This vehicle-less, all-pedestrian space is the heart of Darjeeling.
- Mirik: This is a picturesque spot in between the serene hills. A drive through beautiful green meadows, valleys and pine trees, you will take you to ‘Mirik’. This spot is known for its climate, beauty and easy accessibility. You can even enjoy boating and canoeing at the Sumendu Lake or, you can also opt to trek through the trails of Darjeeling’s enchanted forests.
- Tiger hill: It is popular among tourists for sunrise. It is a situation at a short drive of about 11 km from Darjeeling. This place is an observatory center to view Mt. Everest and Mt. Kanchenjunga. This is also ideal for hiking and trekking throughout the day. People visit this place as early as 4 in the morning to catch a glimpse of the first sunrays touching the peak of the mountains.
- Kalimpong: This part of Darjeeling is known for age-old monasteries. Some of them are Durpin monastery, Therpa Choeling Gompa, Thongsa Gompa and many more. You also get views of Mt. Kanchenjunga. There is even opportunity to explore the bungalows built during the British rule.
What to eat?
Food is a lifeline of any place. When you visit Darjeeling, you can taste a variety of authentic and exotic food items in this place. As the climate is cold so a hot bowl of soupy noodles or a plate of dumplings are the perfect starters. The most popular snack item is Momo which is served with a bowlful of soup and home-made chilli sauce. Again, dumplings are filled with various filling starting from minced meat, vegetables to cheese. You also have the choice to opt either for the steamed or fried ones. Thupka is yet another offering from the cuisine of Darjeeling. It is made using diced meat, eggs, vegetables, and noodles served together in a bowl of soup. Leaving Darjeeling without tasting the famous Darjeeling tea is not worthy.
So, whenever you desire to visit the hill station then contact Kalpana tours and travels and book a perfect Darjeeling holiday package and have a problem-free vacation!